Introduction l BBS l Sitemap l Contact us
Click on a region in the map
Foreign Exchange rates

1USD
1EUR
Home > Invil Village > Jeju
Dodu Village
Jeju List >>

This village, consisted of 4 towns( Dodu 1 Dong, Sasu, Sinseong, Daho) formed naturally, closed to Jeju International Airport, sewage disposal plant, sanitary facilities, oil market and number of raw fish restaurants and  a lot of cafes on the co owned sea reclaimed, 29 thousand pyeong,     is a traditional farming village with  the  great possibility of development  as a sightseeing   resort due to excellent landscape connecting Dodubong, coastline and the town of café established following the beach.

General situation

(Statistics for the resident registration based on the end of September of 2008).

Size

 Population

Name of village

Tel

4.03k㎡

885 Generations

2,303 Persons

(Male:1,204 female:1,099)

Dodu 1 dong,

Dodu 2 dong

☎ (064)743-3833

728-4961,4951,8301

FAX (064)728-4949

Origin of this village.

About 300 years ago, as Lee from Dodo province, Mun from Sasu province, Kim from Iho province moved to this village, so this village come to be called as Dodosasumokpo and they were mixed up together and divided into 7 towns formed naturally, Dongbu,  Jungbu, Seobu, Sasu dong, Daho dong, Japo dong Odorong ,and were governed by government officers.      

Doduri was divided into 1 Ri and 2 Ri in 1931 and reorganized 1 and 2 again in August of 1946.

In March of 1943, about 150 generations living in Dodu 2Rl were moved to other place due to the new construction of airport for military plane, around 0.2 km², that led to bring about a lot of the poor because of the loss of land. Though 600 refugees, belonging to 200 houses whose family members were red guerrillas, were brought about due to the 4.3 Accident. In April of 1948, they made an effort to restore this village by the government’s support. After that, according to the act of administrative district and the regulation of city, it was divided into 1 and 2 dong in September 1. 1977, and then reorganized as single administrative district in January 1. 1966. At present, This village is consisted of 2 Dong, 4 towns formed naturally, 6 tongs and 23 bans.        

Dodu 1 dong  

It has been delivered that this village was established by the ancestors of Lee ssi from Gwangsan, family origin, and had been flourished because of the environmental conditions including the fountains “Oraemul”, “Jireummul”, “Makeunmul” springing up in the port and Dodubong protecting the winds from sea. And the ancestor of Myung Deok Kim, the ancestor of Kim, the  biggest families in number at present, had moved here to settle down from Jeju Si about 340 years ago, and then Bu moved and settled down here for 6-7 generations but all descendants were left here now, and An moved  and settled down here for 6-7 generations      

Sinsasu village

About 370 years ago, the ancestor of Lee from Gwangsan, family origin, settled down in ‘ Anwiyoung’, south from Sinsasudong at present, and were flourished after moving step by step  to ‘Manghaniwat’, east from 1 dong, then moved to other places as they came to be poor, then Whang, Gang, Kim of Gwangsan moved here, and Lim from Pungcheon moved here to live in his wife’s house, and those people from Molraemul( old Sasu) moved here to build an airport during Japanese imperialism. This village, declined again due to accidents like the 4.3 accident,  is a small town with 88 persons belonging to  27 generations, once the number of generations reaching as much as 93   in the period of prosperity.

Sinseong village

Sinseong village, a farm land originally, was formed mainly by the collectively immigrated people from old Sasu ( nicknamed Molraemul) living in the Dodudong, Yongdam  economic zone,  which was demolished by the expanding construction of Jeju International Airport  

Daho village

 About 430 years ago, Chwi Eung Mun settled down here and lived for 11 generations at present.

The original village name “ Dawi” was originated from the meaning that this village was a good place to live , but changed the name to  “Daho” after setting fires in this village frequently

After changing village’s name to Daho. The number of household reached as many as 150 at its peak time. Once there was severe conflict between Park from Milyang, who had lived here for 6 generations, and Mun, all of whose decedents had left here. Once Man Ho Kim, a navy general, had operated a pasture here and his 6th descendants, 6 households, are living here now.   

 

         

 

Related Information of 's Introducing
Theme Sightseeing
Doduoraemul
Dodubong
Road of Seaside
Jeju Cruz
Special product
Agricultural Products
Marine Products
Jeju List >>
 
Copyright 2002 INVIL CENTRAL COUNCIL. All rights reserved.
This site can be viewed with Explorer 4.0 and 800x600 pixel monitor or higher.