Thank you very much for visiting Daedong Flower maul.
In 1934, a sluice gate was built in Daedong to regulate the water flow of the South Nakdong River. The easy supply of agricultural water turned the village to a producer of greenhouse vegetables. Many people moved into the village to farm greenhouse vegetables or to work in farms. The village also has many historic sites including Sanhaejong, an old building where Shick Cho (nicknamed Nammyoung, a famous scholar during the Chosun Dynasty) taught students and studied. Also, there are ancient tombs in Yean-ri where human remains of the Gaya Dynasty's people were discovered and ancient tombs in Docksan-ri where a clay figure of a horseman, the only national treasure among the relics of the Gaya Dynasty, was found inside one of the tombs.
More recently, the village has been famous for flower growing and even exports flowers to Japan. Additionally, the village is keeping astride with the worldwide trends of localization and globalization to become a global village of this 21st century. The opening of this home page is part of that effort. Our village is a wonderful place to live thanks to the natural surroundings and efforts of our citizens. We are ready to greet you and will do our best for a smooth and enjoyable experience.
We welcome you to our village!!
942 : Belonged to Gumgwan Gaya Dynasty.
971 : Kimhae-bu (late Three-Dynasty period).
1906 : Hadong-myon, Kimhae-gun (during the Chosun Dynasty).
1914 : Woljong-ri and Pyoungchon-ri were combined in accordance with the rearrangement of 10 ri's during the Chosun Dynasty.
1944 : Hadong-myon was renamed Daedong-myon during the Japanese colonial period.
1981 : Kimhae city was separated from Kimhae-gun.
1995 : Renamed Daedong-myon, Kimhae City, as a result of the integration of Kimhae city and Kimhae-gun.
History of the Names of Villages
- Anmak (Screen against Wild Gooses) Village
Until this village was reclaimed, the tidal flat and the field of reeds spreading along the Nakdong River were covered with wild geese. While reclamation works were carried out, screens were erected to prevent losses from interference from wild geese. For this reason, this village began to be called Anmak ('an' means wild goose and 'mak' means screen). It is also called Gaebat (reclaimed field) because it was reclaimed in the 1920s.
- Shinjong (New Village) Village
It sits in the southwest of Anmak. Because it was created near the southern part of the Nakdong River, it is called Shinjong (新亭-new village).
- Daedong Flower maul is located at the top of the delta created at the estuary of the Nakdong River. It is adjacent to Pusan City and lies about 20km away to the east of the Kimhae City Hall. Thanks to rich soil and easy irrigation, farming of greenhouse vegetables developed early. Heaven also has provided the area with excellent weather for cultivating flowers. The village is full of greenhouses.
- The village has ancient tombs in Yean-ri which were built around 400 BC ~ 200 AD during the Gaya Dynasty. A sea cave found at the site indicates that the village was located in the bay of the sea.
- Currently, the South Coast Highway and the Yangsan-Kimhae Highway pass by the village, and the Daedong-Daegu Highway is under construction. The village is emerging as a transportation hub. It is ideally suited for horticulture, with the rich soil of Kimhae Field, temperate weather and close proximity to the large cities of Changwon, Masan and Pusan. Flower farming is the primary source of income for the village.
Geologic and Climatic Features
The village is warm even in the winter thanks to the oceanic climate. It is also blessed with other natural benefits, such as a rich soil thanks to turbidite from the estuary of the Nakdong River and an ample supply of water.
Thanks to long daylight hours, the village is quite suitable for horticulture. And farmers are always experimenting and developing techniques to produce high-quality flowers and horticultural crops.