Yesong-ri Evergreen Forest
- Yesong-ri Evergreen Forest aligns to the coast and stretches
about 740m in length, 30m in width, and 15-20m in height. The
trees are about 30cm in circumference at chest-height and form a
- Yesong-ri Evergreen Forest windshields the village from the
sea and also protects the fishes in the sea.
- The forest harmonizes with the coast’s pebble field. Its
naturally dense forest consists of luxurious trees that are more
than 200 years old.
- Evergreen trees of this forest include: Castanopsis cuspidate
var. thunbergii, Castanopsis cuspidate var. Sieboldii, Quercus acuta,
Quercus salicina, Cinnamomum japonicum, Litsea japonica, Camellia
japonica, Ligustrum japonicum, Pittosporum tobira, Eurya japonica,
Quercus glauca Thunb., Machilus thunbergii, and Korean box
tree. Ivy and Elaeagnus glabra are tangled in the woods. The
central part of the forest was once damaged and was filled with
new Japanese black pines.
- Leaf-shedding broad-leaved trees are hackberry, Cudraniatricuspidata
Carr., Callicarpa mollis var. ramosissima Nak., beauty berry, baby
brier, Konara oak, Clerodendrom trichotomum, and Sageretia theezans.