The traditional house of Kim, Geun-Su is a house from the Joseon
Dynasty and is located in Domun-dong of Sokcho. It was designated
Gangwon Cultural Item No. 64 on January 17, 1985. It is a
wooden structure with four frontal units and two side units and
takes a form of L-shaped Hamgyeong-style double-row housing with
a central heated floor system. It is single-eave gable-roofing
housing. There is an engraving that reads Dogwang Year 5 (1825)
on the roofing tiles. A convex roofing tile also reads Geonryung
Year 27 (1762), but we cannot know the exact date of its construction
because roofing tiles can be recycled. Although we cannot
know the exact date of construction or the constructor, we assume
that it is nearly 200 years old. It used to be a house of
the Yi Family of Hampyeong, but was sold to several different people.
Since 1970s, it has been the house of Kim, Geun-Su. The
local people call this house Hoeryeong House or a mill house.