Name of cultural asset: YongdamHanggyo
Number of appointment: cultural asset data number 17
Date of appointment: 1984.12.10
Ownership: Yongdam Hanggyo Jungyo, Jeonbok Hanggyo Foundation
Location: Donghyang-myeon Neunggeum-ri 2203
Originally YongdamHanggyo was located north of Yongdam-myeon
Okgeori 358 beonji , behind Yongdam Elementary school and Yongdam
middle school, southern end of Yonggangsan, which is 350m from the
front the road in front of Yongdam elementary school. It was
appointed cultural asset number 17 but was moved to the location
today, on the left side of the road going from Donghyang-myeon Daeryang-ri
to Neunggeum-ri. The relocation was finished on December
YongdamHanggyo was founded in the early Goryeo era and was renovated
by Choi Ja Bi during the reign of King Gongyang(1391). In
Joseon Dynasty, during the reign of King Seonjo(1592), the building
was burnt during the invasion of the Japanese, and the Park Ji Sul
reconstructed the building on the following year and moved a bit
east. In 1633, Oh Jun renovated the building and moved it
where it used to stand.
Afterwards during the reign of King Hyeonjong(1664), Hong Suk
reconstructed the building. The building lasted the Japanese
reign however it collapsed in 1950 because it was old. Due to the
influence of Park Pyeong Seok, the building was repaired and in
1974, they replaced the old tiles of the Daesungjeon(palace with
a mortuary tablet of Confucius) and renovated the library.
Daesungjeon is divided into 3 parts in the front, 3 parts on
the side, and two parts on the left. One part at the front
end is living quarters and two parts at the back are rooms.
Jegigo, which is on the west of Daesungjeon, is a building of
matbaejibung(the basic roof of Korea) with a front room and two
rooms on the side. In front of Daesungjeon, there is Naesammun consists
of 3 lofty gates.
Myeonglyundang is on the other side of a flight of stone steps
from Naesammun, and in front of Myeonglyundang there are Siseupjae
and Yangsajae on each side of the ground facing each other. Myeonglyundang,
which was founded on living rock with 4 front units and a side unit,
is of doligidung and matbaejibung. The side unit has 2 units externally,
due to the pillar added during repair works.
Siseubjae on the east, with matbaejibung and 4 pillars, has 3
front units and 2 side units. It was designed largely as a ground
with 2 rooms behind the middle front unit and the side unit.
Living stone-based Yangsajae on the west, with doligidung and
matbaejibung, is apparently opposite to Siseubjae. It consists of
3 front units and a side unit with a ground and 2 rooms like Siseubjae.
There is Sanglyangmun written 'âýïîÑºêªý çéÌÒÒ´(1870)ì£êÅ ì£ä¨ìéìí
éÚãÁâµØ¡ ÍîÜýí÷«Ë½ ì£çéöÒÞÌÒ´ çéêÅ ä¨ø¢ìí ìóéÚ ÜÍáó ß¾ÕÚ.
The tablet house in the north corner of Yangsajae, behind the
middle wall, consists of single unit with matbaejibung. It was built
after the framing is complete in 1930, april, 5, at 4 o'clock. There
are 2 tablets; one is 'êÛá¡ËïÍíÍÔùÊßæâóôÉõðÛÝá¦ÑºÒ·Ýø(éÌø÷úÁÎè)'
and the other one on the right is'êÛá¡ËïÍíÎýùÊßæâóÛÝá¦ÑºÝø(ýß²ÛÝ
ß²ä¨ì£Ò´ éÌø÷úÁÎè)'. Oesammun behind the east corner of Myeonglyundang,
facing the front wall, has 4 pillars and 3 lofty gates.