The tomb of King Sejong and his Princess Soheon,
It was moved from the original location in Gangju, Gyunggi Do to
Neungseo Myun, Yeju Gun, Gyunggi Do in the first year of king Yejong
Designated : No 195 Historical relics
▪ Designated year : May 26, 1970.
▪ Management : Relic management office
of great king Sejong
▪ Location : San 83-1,Wangdae ri, Neungseo
Myun, Yeju Gun, Gyunggi Do1
▪ Period : Chosun dynasty
▪ Size : 2,008,536㎡
It was designated as No 195 Historical relics on
May 26, 1970 and is being managed by the relic management office
of great king Sejong. It was designated as same Historical
relics together with Yeongreung, the tomb of king Hyojong, located
in the same boundary of grave.
The tomb was built with two sections, the left was
for Princess and the right was for King Sejong, in Seogang,
Gwangju, when the princess died in 1446 ( the 28th year of
After that, this grave was moved to the present
location after burying the stone figures under the ground before
the tomb because of the opinions that the original site was not
proper for grave site. The type of tome was burying king and princess
together. Hyuensil was made of stones and two tombstones were set
up to indicate that 2 persons were buried together. The design of
Byungpungseok is simple and the number of Seoksanggoseok was reduced
from five to four, and the lower steps attached in the east and
west were removed.
Meanwhile, The original tomb figures were unearthed
in 1973 and moved to The Memorial monument hall for king Sejong
located to the north from Youngwhiwon, Cheongryangri, Seoul.