47th Cultural Asset of Gyeongsannam Province (1983. 7. 20)
176 Jeongsu-ri, Okjong-myeon, Hadong
It is built to commemorate the knowledge and virtue of Sir Mong-Ju Jeong. Sir Jeong (1337~1392) is a scholar of Koryo Dynasty who studied philosophy and left [Poeunjip] as his anthology. Oksan lecture Hall was built by the descendents of Sir Mong Ju Jeong in 1830 (30th year of the reign of Chosun King Sunjo) in Bibong Pavilion, Bibong Mountains, Jinju.
It was closed as Sir Heungseun, the birth-father of Chosun King Gojong, ordered to abolish all lecture halls, but was transferred to today’s location in 1965. The lecture hall includes a shrine where they perform rituals; a hall of portraits; a lecture hall; Dongjae and Seojae, the dormitories; a library; and inner and outer gates. The shrine enshrines the memorial tablet of Sir Jeong and the hall of portraits has his portrait. The library stores 500 collections of Sir Jeong’s anthologies.