Chinese matrimony vine
○ The parts of a Chinese matrimony vine for medical uses are
leaves (Gugiyeop), the root (Jigolpi), and fruits (Gugija) and leaves
are regularly picked from spring and dried under the light and heat
of the sun.
○ The barks of the root are collected in autumn and winter and
dried under the light and heat of the sun after being washed well
with water. Fruits are picked at late autumn. First, dry the picked
fruits in a shadowy and well-circulated place and, as they start
to wrinkle on the surface, let them dry by the light and heat of
○ The best effect of Chinese matrimony vine is restoration of
fatigue, and drinking tea of its leaves is good for high blood pressure,
neuralgia, hardening of the arteries, anemia, cancer prevention,
and senile thirsty or constipation.
The root bark of Acanthopanax sieboldianus (Ogapy)
○ For Ogapy, the shoot is picked in spring, the leaves and new
trunk in summer, and the trunk and root as the leaves fall until
new sprouts come out.
○ Wash it quickly and dry it off at a moderate heat.
○ Completely dried Ogapy should be stored in a dry place.
○ As It is good for stamina, high blood pressure, arthritis,
and diabetes, the interest in Ogapy tea has increased.
○ Elm tree is a falling broad leaved tree, the edge of a leaf
is sharp-sawed, the vein of a leaf has hair, and flowers bloom in
March and fruits don’t have hair.
○ Fruits are edible and only the bark root is used for medicine.
For Korean and folk medicines, fruits, leaves, and the bark of the
tree and root are used for urination and swelling.
○ A kalopanax has thick branches and thorns whose bottom is
wide. Leaves grow in diagonal and round and their tip splits into
5-9. The split tip has saws and a leafstalk is longer than its leaf.
Flowers bloom in July through August.
○ Medical effects of a kalopanax vary. It has an excellent effect
on arthritis, furuncle, cancer, and skin disease and is also good
for neuralgia and chronicle hepatic diseases. It is good for swelling
caused by pleurisy and custom and also a good pain killer.
○ It has some effect on diabetes and strengthening stomach and