Hadong Okjong Watermelon cultivated along Dukcheon River in Jiri Mountains is produced in fertile soil. Therefore, they have thin peelings and high sugar level and are good for urination, detoxication, alcoholic poisoning, revitalization and nephritis.
1. This heavy-fruit type fruit is an oval that is in the middle of a circle and an ellipse.
2. The appearance is shiny green and the tiger-skin patterns are broader and clearer than other watermelon for better quality.
3. The fruit is firm with less fiber content and crunchy with high sugar level.
4. The navel is relatively small, so the fruits are secured after the sprouting.
5. The peelings are thin and strong for better circulation. As they are special oval-shape, the navels are secured even if the harvesting is delayed for a while.