GWANGYANG was the first cultivation place.
It produced 10% of chestnuts and exports them to Japan. Major production place, BACKUNSAN is in the northeast, which is ideal place to yield the chestnut and because the soils are deep, the flavor of chestnuts are good and thick, and their qualities are distinguished.
So, they are popular in the world. Especially, the sea of fog in the SOMJIN RIVER helps chestnuts' growth with warmth of temperature. The weight of one piece of chestnut is 20~25g, but the weight of GWANGYANG is 30g. It is good for a present.
THE INGREDIENTS AND VIRTURE
It is good for the people who are weak in their heart and weak in legs.
Its feature is that it has 5 kinds nutrition elements. Its sugariness helps digestion and strengthens the stomach function. It contains a lot of vitamin c, which is good for skincare and prevention of cold. It stimulates appetite, and face-color.
It is good for preventing blood vomit and discharging blood. It is used as herbal medicine because it is effective thirst, chronic diarrhea.
THE SELECTION OF CHESTNUT
Korea develops the various kinds of chestnuts. So, chestnuts are thick and have a clean skin and are lustrous. In addition, their good qualities are good to process.
On the other hand, Chinese chestnuts are small and hard, and they are not lustrous and are peeled well. So, they are suitable for the roast.
European and American chestnuts are same as Chinese ones, and thereby they are not suitable for processing.
COOK BY USING CHESTNUT - BAMAMJUK
Material: rice 1/2 cup, chestnuts 300g, water 6cups, and salt 2 small spoons
HOW TO COOK
(1) Put in the water for 2 hours, and grind in the mixer
(2) Steam the chestnuts and crash the inside, and then selects in the disk
(3) Put 1 and 2 in the thick pot and stir up and boil after poring the water
(4) Reduce the fire and boils for a long time and then put the salt
If you add the pepper sauce, sesame seed, mushroom, and carrot, it is a good nourishing meal.
Material: chestnuts 10, water 3 cups, and pine nuts
HOW TO COOK
(1) Wash the chestnut, and peel out the inside bark
(2) Wash in the water and put YULCHOO, and then boil until it has a flavor
(3) After being boiled, throw away the bark, contains the juice of it in the teacup.
- When you eat YULCHOO, you can make a powder and put the powder in the water to drink
- The supplementary matter of chestnuts, inside bark is good for making a tea and it is the traditional food to distribute
Material: Chestnuts 1kg, HANCHON 90g, sugar 1kg, water YOK (wheat-gluten taffy)
HOW TO MAKE
(1) Boil the chestnuts and put in the disk
(2) Boil the red bean and crash it and make grounds
(3) Put HANCHON in the pot, and pour 10times water than amount and stir up at a medium heat
(4) Put the materials of 1, 2, 3 in the pot and put the water-YOK, sugar, and salt (1~2hours)
(5) It is finished when it is stained with a rice scoop
(6) Make hard the finished YANGANG in the frame of 1~2cm
(7) If it is harden after 3 or 4 hours, cut it as a reasonable size and contains in the plate.
Material: chestnut 500g(peeled out), sugar 100g, water-YOK 1 large spoon, oil 2 2/1 spoon, salt
HOW TO MAKE COOK
(1) Pour oil in the frying pan and make it burn
(2) Fry chestnut and throw away the oil
(3) Boil the fried chestnut after putting sugar, water-YOK, and salt
(4) Boil 20minutes and contains it in the plate
Copyright 2002 INVIL CENTRAL COUNCIL. All rights reserved.
This site can be viewed with Explorer 4.0 and 800x600 pixel monitor or higher.